PREFERRED OPTIONS CABINET REPORT
On Thursday 23 April 2020 Cabinet discussed the options for the Avenue Road Estate. Cabinet decided that its preferred option is a full regeneration of the Avenue Road Estate. The regeneration will not go ahead until there has been a resident ballot which demonstrates support for this option. The ballot will take place in January 2021.
KEY UPCOMING CONSULTATIONS
Section 105 to commence late June 2020 Residents can comment on the five key topics of the proposed redevelopment (please refer to the enclosed consultation pack for more information)
- Landlord offer July 29 - August 19, 2020 Residents will be able to provide comments of the proposed principles of the Landlord offer, residents will vote on during the Residents ballot January 2021.
The launch of the Residents webpage will be Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 12pm.
Join us for the live launch at https://avenue-road.htadesign.co.uk/
LAUNCH OF RESIDENTS ENGAGEMENT WEBSITE
The Council has worked with HTA to develop an online way to help us better inform, consult and engage with residents. The virtual engagement will support the Council and the residents to;
- Access information about the proposed redevelopment of the estate
- Provide a safe space for residents to participate in the consultations and influencing proposals Attend project specific Zoom workshops with our project team
- Access information about the project team
- Complete consultation online via the portal • Have your say on the proposed branding colour
Due to the COVID-19 emergency there are some changes to how we engage with tenants and leaseholders. Until Government advice changes, we will not be holding face-to-face meetings or workshops.
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING ON THE ESTATE?
KEEPING IN TOUCH The Council will be using email newsletters to keep residents up to date – please make sure you receive these by signing up at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/AvenueRoadEstate
AN UPDATE FROM NEWMAN FRANCIS
Newman Francis is your Independent Tenant Resident Advisor and its role is to provide independent, impartial advice and support to all Avenue Road residents so you are aware of how the regeneration will impact on you.
It has been carrying out a short community survey and speaking to residents at Avenue Road to find out your thoughts about where you live. it has surveyed more than half of households on the estate with residents’ main priorities including:
- Safer and secure living environment
- Better housing management and maintenance
- Good quality homes
- Parking facilities
- Open spaces and private outdoor space
- Good quality play facilities for young children and toddlers
- Activities for young people/teenagers
- Good local facilities and a place for the community to come together
If you have any questions, are interested in getting involved, or would like to complete the community survey, please call 0800 644 6040 (freephone) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HTA CONCEPT DESIGN UPDATE
HTA is the architects, masterplanners and landscape architects practice working on designs for the proposed regeneration of Avenue Road Estate. It is a housing design and regeneration specialist focused on creating great places to live and delivering better housing.
It has held two successful co-design workshops with residents in recent months;
Co-Design Workshops Feedback
- The first workshop was about “Place” where residents were asked what they liked and disliked about the estate as it is now, including memories of the estate from the past. Some first ideas for a regeneration masterplan were shared and residents stressed the need for open space, security, parking difficulties and creating a Community Hub.
- The second workshop was about “Design”. It shared a possible design layout for the new homes if regeneration is the preferred option for the estate. There was good feedback about the design, play and green spaces plus examples of what new homes could be like.
The Council asked for design concepts for future branding of regeneration communication items for Avenue Road Estate. The branding designs were shared at the last workshop based on the slogan of “We are Avenue Road Estate”. Residents liked the graphics representing a strong community, which will feature in newsletters, brochures, adverts and community initiatives.
You can see the Council’s latest information and advice on COVID-19 at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/COVID19 where you can also sign up for the email newsletter to keep you up to date on the current situation.
Dianne Obichere: Regeneration Officer- email@example.com
Bukola Williams: Housing Officer- Bukola.firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Hill: Engagement Officer- email@example.com
Keith Brown: Stakeholder Community Engagement Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Newman Francis: ITRA (Independent Tenant Resident Adviser)
Sue Grace: Early Years Consultant- email@example.com